NO MAIL PICK-UP: June 25th – July 4th & July 12th – July 21st
Most needed all year round. These are your everyday “Hello”, “Thinking of You” type cards with a general design and sentiment that can be use all year round.
Below are a few important guidelines we ask that you please follow before making your cards. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Christina. For self-help information, please do check the FAQs and Sentiments List sections.
Thank you for your consideration in making a gift donation of handmade cards.
Collection Date: January – November (Closed in December for the holiday)
Mail Card Donations To: Christina Hor | c/o Cards for Little Hearts | P.O. Box 517 | Dublin, Ohio 43017 | USA
Download and include the Card Acknowledgement Reciept form with your cards
GENERAL CARD GUIDELINES
* For health safety of the children, we are unable to accept cards made in a smoking environment.*
- Please make fun & cheerful cards suitable for children age 1 to college graduates.
- Currently accepting:
- everyday “Just Because” & “Thinking of You” cards
- Birthday cards for teens
- Graduation cards for teens
- Use any stamps, die-cut products, papers, embellishments, even your own drawing so long the design is appropriate for the age group you are creating for.
- Please use acid-free glue and adhesive.
- Card Size: A2 or 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″, 5″x7″ and 5″x5″ size cards only please.
- Front of the card: need a sentiment. Please use GENERAL sentiment. See Sentiments List page for suggestions.
- Inside of the card: Leave blank. Hospital staff will write a personal message to the children before signing.
- If using a dark colored card base, please adhere a white or light colored piece of cardstock to the inside of card. This make it easier for patients to read the hand-written message from the staff.
- Back of the card (Optional): include a message like “handmade by” and then your full name , your full name + “Cards for Little Hearts Card Drive” or even nickname. You are welcome to download and use this watermark.
- Pack your cards: in a cardboard box, padded envelope or clear crystal box to ensure that your beautiful handmade cards arrive to us undamaged.
- DO NOT include envelopes
- Download and include this Card Acknowledgement Reciept form with your cards
- Mail Card Donations To: Christina Hor | c/o Cards for Little Hearts | P.O. Box 517 | Dublin, Ohio 43017 | USA
- OPTIONAL: you are welcome to include a small pack of stickers and 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ size coloring pages with the cards. You can use digital images (one you’ve purchased or have permission to use) or hand stamped images on the coloring page. We will be including a coloring kit with each card for the children to give them something fun to do and take their mind off their treatment.
- Do not include any religious symbols or religious sentiment on your cards.
- No “Get Well” or “Feel Better Soon” cards or anything that would remind the children of being sick.
- Do not send Halloween, Thanksgiving or Easter cards. We currently are not collecting them.
- No loose glitters. But okay to use are: Wink of Stella, glitter pens. glitter paste, glitter tape, embossed powders, glitter drops or glitter papers.
- Do not use any internet images unless you have paid for it or have received direct permission from the owner to use it.
- Do not include your personal informaton such as address, e-mail, phone number. The hospital will not distribute out any cards that have these information on.